Tuesday, March 28, 2006

March 28
PRAGUE! Can ya smell it?

It’s a mixture of stale cigarettes, intense body odor, and MILF, but mostly intense body odor. That’s just how they roll here in Praha, and I’m cool with it if the big, hairy guy scrunched up next to me on the tram is. I’ve been in town for a few short hours (it’s 48 Czech minutes to one American hour), and I’m already enamored with the cheap booze and sketchy African men. Tonight was mostly spent getting hit on by the sixty-something waitress at our hotel restaurant who turned me on in ways only Blanche Devereaux had done before. I might invite her out tomorrow when shit’s s’posed to get CRAYZAY! Nah, it’s not really.

What would a Scott Rogowsky post be without a self-conscious reference to his Judaism? I wouldn't dare find out. On the way to Prague we stopped in Dresden for lunch and a guided tour of the city (for those of you unfamiliar with World War II history, Dresden is like the Coventry, England of Germany). It's an attractive city featuring architecture predominently of the latter twentieth century, and yes, it is considered rude to ask, "Why?" The Jewish population was nearly completely wiped out during the years of the war, but has seen a moderate resurgence since the collapse of the Soviet Union. Still, there are only 500 Jews living in the city of 500,000 people, which means that my presence alone briefly increased the Jewish population by 0.2%. I’d say Dresden is an AEPi convention short of being able to support a deli.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home