Thursday, March 23, 2006

My mind's got a mind of its own..

Takes me out a-walking when I'd rather stay at home
Takes me out to parties when I'd rather be alone
My mind's got a mind of it's own.


That about describes how I feel right now. I've got a gajillion things I need/want to do, most pressingly writing my Nordic Mythology midterm paper that was due on Tuesday, packing for my twenty-seven day Eurotrip, and responding to the e-mails I have received from John Edwards and Tom Vilsack (when the Democrats need help, they know who to turn to). But I whenever I finally sit down to write, I find myself lured to YouTube to watch David Cross stand-up or to Wikipedia to research the origins of the hamburger (who knew Seymour, Wisconsin is the birthplace of the burger? Wikipedia knew!).

This mythology paper has actually been a lot of fun, because I am completely disregarding the professor's instructions on how to write it. He is expecting a research paper, but he is getting a wholly original Nordic saga, based on the adventures of Scott Bayowulf as he makes his way from his native Iceland to the Roskilde Music Festival on the Danish island of Sjælland. Along the way, he meets many colorful characters with names like Hrbek, Hrabosky ("The Mad Contrarian"), and Sisqo The Elder with whom he writes and records The Dipthong Song, arranged for the bone whistle. A final, serialized edition will be published right here at DENMARK'S THE SPOT, so you got that going for ya, which is nice.

Part II of Amsterdaaaaaaamn! will be posted shortly. Just another one of things that have been gnawing at my brain lately.

I tell myself to do the things I should
And then I get to thinkin' that them things ain't any good.
I tell myself the truth but know I'm lying like a snake
You can't walk on water at the bottom of a lake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home